Corporate Social Responsibility at Danisense
At Danisense we try to follow and update our CSR policies to our changing business environment.
Currently we have three major headlines for our CSR goals.
- Reduce our own consumed carbon footprint (target was -70%, but we have achieved -73%)
- Ensure a healthy work environment for employees during COVID-19 crisis
- Environmental packaging
1) Our investments in a 44kWp solar power plant on our roof is a very important part of reducing our Carbon footprint.
Another area where we have made big changes is on our heating systems, where we have cut the connection to the natural gas supply and completely removed all gas burners from our building and replaced all heating with state of the art air-to-water heatpumps.
By these actions we have reduced our CO2 footprint by 19 tons out of 26 tons annualy. A reduction equal to 73%.
2) During Covid-19 we have changed the entire layout of the production area and also installed hand alcohold dispensers around the building, and we have had longer periods were employees have been working remotely to reduce the number of employees in the building.
Still counting but so far no one has been sick with Covid 19 in our organization.
3) Our packaging strategy is very clear.
We only use plastic based packaging when the products need the extra protection, else we use cardboard for everything else.
The cardboard boxes are optimized so that we very rarely have to fill up the box with filler materials.